TripAdvisor announced its annual Travellers’ Choice™ awards for restaurants across the globe. In total, 353 fine dining restaurant winners were identified, including the top 25 in the world and dedicated lists for Asia, Canada, China, Europe, India, South America, South Pacific, the U.K. and the U.S.
“The Travellers’ Choice restaurant winners have won over the TripAdvisor community with their outstanding food, service and ambiance – the perfect ingredients for a memorable fine dining experience,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. “TripAdvisor is raising a glass to these top restaurants in the world that have delighted our community and their appetites.”
Travellers’ Choice awards honour top travel spots worldwide based on the millions of valuable reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor travellers. Award winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews for restaurants worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period.
Ten dining establishments have been named Travellers’ Choice restaurant winners in Thailand, with three of the ten restaurants also placed amongst the top ten restaurants in Asia. Le Versace in Phuket, Café des Amis in Pattaya and Siam Supper Club in Phuket have been named second, fifth and seventh in the region respectively.
Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Restaurants in Thailand
1. Le Versace Patong, Phuket (342 reviews)
Located in the tourist hot spot of Patong, visitors to Le Versace are in for a memorable experience. The spectacular view over Patong Bay is easily matched by terrific creations from the kitchen. “Le Versace in Patong is an amazing venue for any business meeting, private party or romantic dinner for two. The staff is extremely professional and friendly, and the service is first class whilst offering fantastic value for money,” commented a TripAdvisor reviewer.
2. Cafe des Amis Pattaya (365 reviews)
One of Pattaya’s premier family-managed fine dining restaurants, Cafe des Amis is inspired by French cuisine and its highlights from the menu include Tasmanian oysters and Salmon Wellington. A TripAdvisor reviewer noted, “The experience from calling for a reservation to the delicious desserts was spectacular! It is a little treasure in a land of decadence!
3. Siam Super Club Choeng Thale, Phuket (688 reviews)
Siam Supper Club is a long-time favourite among locals and visitors alike and is beautifully designed with a heavy nod to jazz and blues. The food is typically described as “West Coast Cuisine”. A TripAdvisor reviewer noted, “Dinner at the Siam Supper Club is like a destination, where you come to listen to music, live jazz Mondays, while enjoying a cocktail at the bar with a team of professional mixologists creating old-school libations as well as modern concoctions.”
4. Mantra Restaurant & Bar, Pattaya (370 reviews)
5. El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse, Bangkok (512 reviews)
6. Blue Elephant, Bangkok (745 reviews)
7. Eat Me Restaurant, Bangkok (770 reviews)
8. Mom Tri's Kitchen at Villa Royale, Kata Beach, Phuket (717 reviews)
9. Above Eleven, Bangkok (482 reviews)
10. The Boathouse Wine & Grill, Kata Beach, Phuket (452 reviews)
Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Restaurants in Asia
1. TRB-Temple Restaurant, Beijing, China (420 reviews)
2. Le Versace, Phuket, Thailand (342 reviews)
3. Indian Accent, New Delhi, India (396 reviews)
4. Peshawri, Mumbai, India (451 reviews)
5. Cafe des Amis, Pattaya, Thailand (365 reviews)
6. Caprice (Central) Hong Kong, China (370 reviews)
7. Siam Super Club, Phuket, Thailand (688 reviews)
8. Restaurant Locavore, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia (411 reviews)
9.Pearl French Restaurant, Legian, Bali, Indonesia (686 reviews)
10. Spiral, Manila, Philippines (391 reviews)
Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Restaurants in the World
1. El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain (792 reviews)
2. Midsummer House, Cambridge, England (547 reviews)
3. Maison Lameloise, Chagny, France (380 reviews)
4. The French Cafe, Auckland, New Zealand (421 reviews)
5. Alinea, Chicago, Illinois (543 reviews)
6. El Club Allard, Madrid, Spain (667 reviews)
7. Epicure, Paris, France (702 reviews)
8. Le Manoir Aux Quat Saisons, Great Milton, England (992 reviews)
9. Le Gavroche, London, England (1,691 reviews)
10. Martin Berasetegui, San Sebastian, Spain (407 reviews)