Introducing AVEDA’s tip to Enbrightenment™ self-care massage
Give yourself the Enbrightenment™ self-care massage. Massage is an essential part of the Enbrightenment™ skin care system.
Open ritual : Take a deep breath and set an intention to do something good for yourself.
1. Gently cleanse your face with Enbrightenment™ Brightening Cleanser – a little goes a long way – before applying a thin layer of Enbrightenment™ Intensive Massage Masque lightly over your entire face, neck and décolleté.
2. Next, briskly rub your hands together until they feel warm from this moderate friction. This helps increase circulation and energy flow to your hands, which enhances your self-massage.
3. According to ancient Chinese medicine, the cheeks are the corresponding zone o fthe face for overall circulation, which is essential for healthy skin function. To encourage this circulation, stroke your cheeks using our whole hands in an up-and-down motion creating vigorous friction. Create similar movements along your forehead using alternating hands.
4. Using your index and middle fingers, massage the sides of your nose and around your mouth in small, circular motions. Linger over any areas of discoloration.
5. Follow by making brisk, sweeping movements across the top of your chest. Then move up your neck to stimulate circulation. Continue these back-and-forth, gentle friction movements along your décolleté.
6. Next, use pressure points that – according to the tradition of acupressure-increase circulation in your face and release the muscular tension that can contribute to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
Press straight down on point A (refer to diagram) with your middle finger. Hold for a count of 3. Release and repeat 2 more times. Repeat this process on indicated pressure points B-E.
7. You’ve massaged your outsides. Now, massage your insides. Breath is powerful. Your diaphragm draws air into the lower lobes of your lungs where most of the blood vessels to the lungs are located, bringing 1 to 2 times more oxygen into your body.
Sit up straight so that your spine is aligned. This way our abdomen is free to expand when you inhale.
Breathe deeply, drawing your breath in through your nose allowing your abdomen to expand outward. Exhale allowing your abdomen to relax and fall. Continue this pattern for 10 full breaths.
Close your ritual: Feel beautiful knowing you’ve done something good for yourself as you tissue or rinse off any excess masque.
Discover the natural illumination in Aveda Enbrightenment™ skin care from today onwards at all of AVEDA Experience Center 1st floor Siam Paragon, 1st floor Central Chidlom, 1st floor Groove at Central World.